Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Leaving On A Jet Plane...



Today is the big day for our cats. It is the culmination of five months of stress, wondering and scheduling. I am still not comfortable with the thought of the plane ride and how terrifying it will be for them but it is better than the alternative of leaving them at a shelter, which we never would have done. I told Pandemic, "they don't go, we don't go". Pandemic has been great and agreed to pay for all of it. For all that wonder, for two cats to Australia including all veterinarian bills will add up to about $3500.00 USD.
Right now I imagine they are sitting at The Kennel Club near LAX waiting for transport to their midnight Qantas flight to Sydney, Australia.
It has been a long process that I started way back on July 26th but we are entering the home stretch. After they land there is just the 30 day in-country quarantine and they are official Australian residents.
A quick shout out to Mom and to Nathan at Pacific Pet Travel for coordinating the logistics end of the move while I sit in Australia. Pacific Pet Travel has been really great and professional during this process.

30 days to go...

2 comments:

Alana Neufeld said...

The kitties said to tell you.... "throw some shrimp on the barbie, we're almost home."

Gina Kadlec said...

I'm so excited that Ella aka Catalina will be so well traveled... born in Dallas then whisked to Cali and now off to the other side of the world... :)

I'm sure they'll be so happy to see you guys although if I know that kitty at all I know she'll be a bit pissy for a day or two after she sees you.