Monday, October 13, 2008

For the Birds...

Last weekend we were invited over to some friends house for a BBQ. They own a nice place outside of the city near Mt. Nebo ( I think) in a really pretty area with lots of open spaces and trees and the like. When we got there we saw these three Cockatoos in the back yard and the guys were feeding them. Of course I wanted a go at it.





After feeding them for a few minutes Steve told me to look up and then I noticed that the trees were literally filled with them. There must have been thirty or more hanging around.




They are a little skittish but not very afraid of people or anything for that matter. If you hold up a cup of seed they come right down.



They hung around for a while afterwards hoping for an encore.


4 comments:

Gina Kadlec said...

That's pretty cool!!! What a neat place to live.

Shirley G said...

I wanta' feed cockatoos too! I love cockatoos. Do I need to come clear to Australia to do it? You are so lucky........

Alana Neufeld said...

This posting is for the birds!

Mom

Clotilde said...

Hey Nick!

Nice pictures, I'm glad you enjoyed feeding "our" cockatoos. You are welcome to come feed them any time (they can't get enough!). And if you have friends visiting from overseas, you can bring them over too. We won't charge! ;)

We live on the foothills of Mount Coot-tha for the record, but I guess we are not that far from Mount Nebo as well.

Have a good week!