Monday, September 10, 2007

BioShock!!!


I just started playing this game last night and boy, I can't wait to get home to start playing some more.

It is a decent FPS and has some really good RPG elements tied in but where it really shines is in it's over all story and prettiness.
The art direction is stunning, art deco meets 20,000 leagues under the sea never looked so good. Combine it with a really good sound track and audio effects, Bioshock delivers a really sweet and immersive experience all too uncommon in FPS's (console especially) these days.

My favorite are the AI. You tend to hear them before you see them, they will be deceptively talking to themselves in a friendly or even calming tone then when you come upon them they turn murderous. It totally creeps me out...

4 comments:

gio said...

pc or x-box?

Ken and Marie said...

I'm just about finished, maybe 1hr to go, its about 20hrs. Good game, not great - there just isn't alot of variety, 5hrs in you've seen all the A.I. I felt caustrophobic, everything but the opening scene is room to hallway to room, it misses the epicness of GoW. But, its creepy, has a nice horror aspect that will keep you jumpy and the diraries are fun to listen to, kinda freaky shit.
Use the camera and take picts of the AI, you get research points.

Nick Vona said...

X-Box...

Yeah, I played more last night and it is good and creepy. The vibe feels great and the voice acting is tops.

I do see how the AI is repetitive after a while and it is mostly trudging through the levels looking for loot...

I am enjoying it though...

gio said...

ken your such a kratos fan boy!