Thursday, September 20, 2007

SF

Mariana and I took a four day jaunt up to San Francisco this last weekend. I forgot how much walking one has to endure in a city like San Francisco as I have gotten too used to the So. Cal. lifestyle of driving absolutely everywhere. By our calculations we were walking approximately 7 miles per day. That is one of the aspects of city living I miss, but Brisbane promises more of the same and it lends a healthy note to some days where you are too busy for the gym, yoga, surfing or any other form of exercise that is available to me.

The weather was fantastic, 70 degrees every day and mostly sunny, fall in SF is the best. I really miss San Francisco and consider living there one of the high points in my life. The people are great, the town has everything for everyone, it is a liberal city where "live and let live" is the rule.

I am suprised at the changes I have noticed since I left. The homelss situation downtown has gotten much, much better. The other day we walked accross Union Square and didn't get hit up once for change. When I was working the bar down town six years ago, you could not get to the first corner without getting hassled for change. The skyline has changed as well, I must have counted five or six major new buildings since I left.


We ate like pigs and drank like fish and had the time of our lives. The highlights were, SF MOMA, Alcatraz, drinks at the Top of the Mark, and getting to see old friends.

It was a nice way to say "see you again San Francisco" before we leave for The Land Down Under...




3 comments:

Ken and Marie said...

atleast you don't have a ketchup bottle on your blog...

Nick Vona said...

i actually write shit, you know???


this is the "thinking man's blog"...

gio said...

haha....when you have a kid you will know...there ain't enough time in the day to wirte crap like nick. Point Shoot and Blog Foo!