Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Bad place for a beer...


Historic Hotel Brunswick...


Ok, television sucks here or at least just at my fat pad it does. Most nights the ten channels I have at home are all Australian versions of American reality t.v. I tend to spend most nights on the deck (see view below) with a beer and a book.
The other night on the way home I wanted to stop for a drink in a place with other humans for a change. All the other places by my house were packed and I did not want to be the only guy alone in a room full of people.
I passed this place that is just down the street from Casa de Nick. I looked almost empty and had taps so I wandered in.
It was the quickest, strangest beer I have ever had. It is full of TV screens with online horse bets being taken and a corner full of "Pokies". Every customer in the place besides me, looked to be straight out of prison and the woman behind the bar looked more like my father that a woman.

Two gulp beer (at least it was cheap) and I beat feet out of there.

got to learn somehow...

1 comment:

studobbs said...

hahahaha! I stayed there one night... possibly the worst "hotel" room i've ever experienced.

s.