Friday, October 26, 2007

Everything Wild...

One other thing that amazes me is the variety and size of the wild life and that is abundant in the city center...

The lizard just about ran over my foot. The picture is deceiving as he was about two foot long.

This bird was in a tree right above me and was about a two foot from beak to tail...

The Australians are great when i comes to the environment. At work there are multiple recycle stations by every cube set and everyone uses them. The last studio I worked at, the recycle bins would be empty and the organic can would be full of plastic. It is very refreshing. We are encouraged to be clean, turn off lights when not in use and to use public transport when possible. Here there is no debate about the validity of global warming and everyone does their part.

Mostly the city is very clean and tidy. There is some litter here and there but nothing compared to SF and LA. I am glad to be somewhere that makes such an effort to be clean and green and conservation minded...

I love this place!!!

1 comment:

Ken and Marie said...

I knew you would love Australia.
It really is an amazing country.

It seemed everyone did there part not only to keep their country clean, but keep their bodies healthy. I had breaky at the ocean one morning, where the surf wasn't breaking people were out swimming laps.

Have you heard the story why guns are illegal? If not, ask someone!
We deal with crap everday in this country that they absolutely put a stop to.