Monday, October 29, 2007

Dinner and a Show

I am longing for home just a little bit. I am not at all regretting the move but i am finding that everything has changed in my life in just a week and I mean everything. Aside from the location change, the weather is different, job is different, accents, driving, you even walk on the other side of the sidewalk.
This morning I did my weekly shopping and picked up some stuff for a familiar meal that would try and remind me of my wife, the cats, and anything else that was once familiar to me.
I cooked up some good ol' Pasta Puttanesca, it was not as good as when my wife makes it but it put a smile on my face. Pasta, wine, bread and salad and more wine and, everything is right with the world.
As I started to eat, a storm started to roll through and I had a awesome show of mother nature at its Australian best. Lightning, thunder, rain, the whole show. My place is sheltered from the wind from the south west and I can sit through the worst of it with nary a drop...


Sorry for the poor focus...

1 comment:

Gina Kadlec said...

dinner looks yummy!!!

I'm enjoying the blog and keeping up to date... send pics of huge bugs!

good luck surfing this weekend but watch out for the sting rays...

g'day mate!