Friday, October 26, 2007

Walkabout

Saturday...

Today is another beautiful Queensland day. I got out of beddy and decided on a long, long walk. From my apartment in New Farm I walked the river walk through botanical gardens, around the CBD then on to South Bank. I crossed the river and made it to the Maritime Museum when I thought I would just about melt and I think I started to have the initial symptoms of heat exhaustion.
It is hot here. Hotter than a monkeys butt in the Congo to be exact and I have learned the most valuable lesson of an Australian walkabout; drink lots of water. Luckily, at most points there are drinking fountains. I was avoiding them at first, in the States they tend to be nasty, here the water is cold and pure. After some re-hydration I made back to the Story Bridge and back to my side of the river...


No comments: