Monday, November 5, 2007

It's the Other Red Meat...

I'm at the market and in a victorious mood after my day's finds and near fatal mountain adventure and am pondering dinner. I am usually healthy and not too into beef. Chicken seems so tame, especially after my heroic stand on the mountain, in the name of photo journalism.

What's that?

I was not sure at the butcher counter and there was a decent looking lad next who looked "local". I explained to him I was a yank and if I should try it...

"Have you ever tried it before?" I asked.

"Aw' Muate, it's me favorite! It tastes just like fillet of beef! You'll love it for sure!"

Sold!!! I took a few Satay and Spicy Thai chicken skewers just to be safe so if the meal was not as advertised I would have a plan B.

I stopped at the corner pub for a warm up then back to the barie to prepare.

Like the man promised, it was tender, tasty and I am ready for more. I highly recommend this bounding, hippity - hoppity dish...

7 comments:

Ken and Marie said...

That sound is me 1/2 way around the world throwing up...
Ken

Shirley G said...

That's not what I meant when I said show us more food. But I suppose when in Rome, do as the Romans do.My dad used to eat squirrel and opossum. Whatever.
Yore Gramma

gio said...

you ate a big rat

Nick Vona said...

F.Y.I. it was really, really, good. It tastes just like beef but with 98% less fat, no cholesterol and low calories. It is the meat of the future and the future is now...

Gina Kadlec said...

next time send a pic of fully cooked roo... it looks like liver. I tried squirrel once when i lived in the ozarks... it was stringy and greasy.

Nick Vona said...

I am going to BBQ more this weekend, ill get a pic and send it...

the stuff is really good. Tastes just like really good fillet but has few calories, fat and cholesterol...

Say hi to the kids for Uncle Nick...

Alana Neufeld said...

Little Bindi is aghast!

Mom